Local Volunteer Opportunities
"And I heard the voice of the Lord sayings, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" Then I said, "Here I am! Send me." Isaiah 6:8
As a community of faith, with the command from God to love and serve, we are blessed to have diverse abilities and abundant resources to share. Below is listed current mission work to raise your hand for and say loudly, "Here I am!" Pick one or two or five - challenge yourself with a new endeavor! Contact the individual heading up the activity or call the church office for the next step or for information. Watch the website and newsletters or bulletins for info! May God bless our work in the world and guide our days as we answer the call to serve.
- Purchase twin sheet sets to go to Foster Families that take in relative children or KinGap (NYS Kinship Guardianship Assistance Program)
- FoodS of the Month supports the food pantry at Faith Lutheran Church, Cicero, along with other area organizations such as Interfaith Works which are providing free non-perishable food items to community families. Now more than ever, a small weekly donation on Luther Memorial's eye catching Food Pantry Table in the social hall can make a world of difference - make it a weekly habit.
- Join in our annual School supplies collection to benefit area school children
- Yes, it's back!! Support the annual Halloween Cupcake Bash at the CanTeen on Route 31 - cupcakes and sprinkles and weird candy eyes and green hair and gooey icing....what more could you ask for in the way of fun?!? Date pending.
- Assist in Sunday School (see Suzie)
- Assist with Advent Workshop (see Suzie)
- Lutheran Campus Ministry - we periodically look for donations for gift baskets for fundraising raffle events. Lutheran Campus Ministry
- In the past we have been very involved with the Samaritan Center. Since COVID, volunteer opportunities are reworked and outside groups cooking & serving ceased. Luther Memorial members continue to seek out opportunities to support its service in the community. Visit the website to learn how.
- Bring in used ink and toner cartridges - we get $2 from Staples and that offsets administrative costs for church and newsletter
- Give blood and/or donate your time and/or bake cookies to help at the future blood drives @ church Red Cross
- Donate your gently used paperback books for the pleasure of the patients at the Syracuse VA
- Pop-tops from beverage and food products - recycled for cash to work in the world - save them and bring them in
- Write a note/make a call to a member you haven't seen in awhile
- Send a "thinking of you card" to anyone!
- Ask for a list of service personnel and write a note thanking them for their service
- Community clothing drives provide us opportunities to share (and clean out our closets!) A Win-Win!!
- to be continued - share your ideas to include..............